5. Post-Master’s Hangover or Shampoo Effect — Many men will be struggling after being in contention at Augusta. The likes of Cantlay, Kuch, Poults, X, and a few others had their eyes on a green jacket but came up barely short to Tiger Woods. This week, some will still be battling the emotions of not fulfilling their major dreams, while others will be riding on the high of playing so well at the most prestigious major of them all.
4. Capt. Furyk’s Resurgence? — James Furyk has been playing some phenomenal golf once again. He shocked us at TPC Sawgrass and has played solidly since. This is a tournament where he has won twice before, so feels very comfortable around this track. We all should keep our eyes on this guy to see if he can get it done once again.
3. Harbour Town – It is extremely tough to leave Augusta National and care about this golf tournament/be dialed into the drama of what is going on, but Harbour Town is such a beautiful place. The ocean is right there; the lighthouse is fantastic; the course is gettable, yet very tough to score low in other years. I just really enjoy this place and believe it does not get the credit it deserves.
2. Wizards Jordan? — Jordan Spieth is beginning to look like the MJ we got with the Wizards. This is a week and an event where he has played very well before, and it is time for him to figure it out. He has been irrelevant all season long and has yet to complete a Top 10. Should people be worried? Yes, this is someone who used to be a top 10 machine. He will find himself off of the President’s Cup Team if he does not figure it out soon.
1. DJ’s Dominance — This is a week I want to see DJ come out and show everyone in the world how dominant he is. At #1 in the world currently, it is a moment where he can make a statement to people believing Tiger will be back and dominate again. DJ can show he is not scared, and that this era is different than the past one. We will find out a lot in the next 18 months on if this era of golfers will clap back or fold to Tiger being back.